Thursday, January 6, 2011

Things To Be Excited About...

I've got some great news! 



I took the plunge and ordered a Lowel EGO Light!  And I can't wait for it to arrive!  Tabletop lighting is amazing, and I'm hoping this will definitely bring my photography to a whole new level because of course, lighting is a MAJOR part!  And I'm hoping I can get away with only 1, but if I have to get another to get even better photos, I'm willing to make the monetary sacrifice.  Any insight on those of you who have one or a pair of these?

Source

And another good note... I've got a 3 day weekend!  Yup, Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday off!  And I will definitely need it because classes start back up on Monday, and I'm just. not. ready.   Why can't I get my degree by sitting at home?  Well... maybe that would be awful actually.  I can't really stay at home too long without getting bored.  So I guess I'll suffer through this semester's Spanish, Computer, and BioChem classes.  It won't be so bad, right?  Right.

And one more exciting thing... I'm finally getting my hair cut tomorrow!  Of course this is just a trim and the usual coloring of some sort, but I haven't been able to get to the salon for 4 months!  4 months!  So my hair is super long (and major split ends, and not mention my bangs are DRIVING. ME. NUTS.)  So yes, after 1:30 tomorrow, I will be in hair heaven.  Yup.  Hair Heaven.

Anyway, I'm off to go make some delicious shrimp tacos for dinner.  See you all tomorrow for a delicious recipe to cap off the week!

14 comments:

  1. Sound good! Can't wait to the effect of this lighting...I might want to get one for the coming wintery low light day :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool light! I look forward to seeing the differences in your photos with and without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to hear how you like the new light! Haircuts are always exciting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. I can't wait to hear how the light turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New lights sounds good, I am waiting to know how they turns out. Enjoy the hair cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love the name of your blog! Haha! And your blog, as well of course! I can't wait to hear how you like the light when you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photography is already amazing, i can not wait to see how much better it will get!!! I need to invest in one, too!

    So happy you have a 3 day and best of luck with classes next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds good let us know how it works

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been toting with making a lightbox for ages but I'm worried the photos will appear too flat if you know what I mean? I like the quality they currently have but I struggle for perfection as always. Can't wait to see the results of your new lamp x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you going to show us your new hair cut? I would love to see it. I would love to learn more about photography so would be interested to know how that light box works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to look into the lights, because I would really like my photos to be better - I didn'n know anything about this - thanks :-)

    My best,
    Birthe

    ReplyDelete
  12. great plans-- let us know how the haircut went !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh snap! Your photos are going to look awesome! Cant wait for you to get it!!!

    I need my hair did tooooooooooooo!!!

    I need to make an appt asap!

    Have a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw a digital imaging light on amazon and it's on my want list. PLEASE let me know how you like the light, because I would love to hear some reviews before I make the purchase!

    ReplyDelete