Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random Good Luck

So here are just some random thoughts for Tuesday's post...

Anybody superstitious?  They say that Black Eyed Peas are supposed to bring good luck when eaten on New Year's Day.  Did I eat them on New Year's Day?  Sadly, no.  But am I superstitious?  Again, that's a big negative.  So in my own fashion, I've decided to make black eyed peas tonight for dinner, because it's always better late than never, right?  And plus... I find myself pretty lucky as it is, so I don't need any age old tradition to boost that!


Guess what I got in the mail today? 


Yeah, I'm officially a Zombie Nerd.  Okay, I wouldn't go that far, but this is this month's book club book.  And hell, with the addition of zombies, I'm sure Pride & Prejudice will be a much better read... not that I have read the original to compare this one to, so honestly, I really don't know.  But I'm actually really looking forward to this one.

And yes, I'll end today's absolutely random post by showing you how I wake up and go to bed every night.  Yep... with this girl.  in my face.  with a toy.  thank goodness this one no longer squeaks.


Have a great Tuesday guys and I'll be back tomorrow with something edible!!

10 comments:

  1. I had black eyed peas, not knowing about this superstitions. We will wait and see how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know about PPZ! Just the thought of it has me laughing hysterically!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book looks funny! Your dog's face is precious!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear more about Zombies lately than ever before??!! Do you watch Walking Dead? I'd assume yes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book looks awesome! After you read it, you should read Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I've never read it, but I've seen it around :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superstitious??? not really but when it comes to good luck or fortune no harm in doing things that are possible....
    I made black eye peas patties and never knew about its good luck superstition unless my friend Elisabeth told me

    That book looks great.....

    Sabby
    http://foodfunfreak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to find me some blck eyed peas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally filled myself with black eyed peas lol. i am not superstitious but our house is falling apart so any luck is helpful!!

    I MUST get that book!! My husband will definitely like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Allison already asked but did you watch The Walking Dead on AMC? I just watched the finale last night. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know... I've never seen it. But I'm definitely going to have to look into it now!

    ReplyDelete