Thursday, January 27, 2011

Desserts First!


Today was really fun!  My sister and I got to go to the Louisville Marriott Downtown and check out the Desserts First event!

All proceeds go to the Kentuckiana Girl Scouts.  About 20 or so local Louisville restaurants and bakeries participated in an event that let the chefs be creative with the ever popular Girl Scout cookies!  Check out all the good eats!

Samoa Cheesecake

Salted Caramel Goodness from Sweet Surrender (favorite bakery in town, hands down!)
Make Your Own Sundae from Proof On Main (I had a Vanilla Gelato with Do-Si-Does and a Mixed Berry Sauce)
Tower of cupcakes from Adrienne's Bakery
White chocolate dipped Samoa with a zabaglione filling - to. die. for.
Lemon Grass Chicken Skewer from Blu Mediterranean Grill
Jambalaya

The best, most untraditional bourbon ball that I've ever had - Browning's

Chili thickened with Do-Si-Does - JCC Culinary School
PB&J - Varanese
Strawberry Milkshake - Bluebell Creamery
Thin Mint Torte - this sucker was RICH

 There was definitely more, but we couldn't stuff our faces with everything!  And we could even buy to-go boxes for $5 before the event was over (so guess who is the best fiance in the world, and brought her beau a to-go box home... yep.  I think I'm owed a back rub or something, hehe)



 So who knew Girl Scout cookies could be so decadent!  I definitely want to snag some boxes and experiment!  Have a great Thursday guys!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, do these look yummy, especially the salted caramel goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap that rockssssssss! Chili even?! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so. flipping. jealous!!!!

    Lucky girl =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that.is.awesome. I was drooling over all the desserts!! I don't know about the chili though lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome event!!! Wish they did this in my town!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing event! I was looking forward to your recap when you mentioned it the other day...it was just as sweet as I imagined! Thank you for sharing, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that salted caramel looks delicious. i love to dig in.

    ReplyDelete