Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hook-ups and Lights off!

We're just your normal, laid back, kinda folks =)  Not to mention, we're cute.
Looks like the cheesecake is going over pretty well with you guys!  Definitely wouldn't be surprised if this one makes it to the top of the Top 5 posts on the right!

What an eventful weekend we had!

Saturday we went out for sushi with a few people from work (like 20!).  We went out to a place down the road from us, Wild Ginger.  Andy and I had been there 2 times before and have always loved the sushi.  It probably ranks as our number one sushi place.  Everybody else that came, it was their first time.  With a big group of people, you're bound to have some disappointment.  Service was a little slow, and a couple drinks were incorrect, and some people didn't quite like their food.  I felt kind of bad, because I was the one that recommended the place, but hey, you can't please everyone ALL the time.  We liked our food, and we're kind of "slow-paced" folks anyway, so we didn't quite mind the wait, but I understand not everyone is like Andy and I so I can see both sides here.  But oh well, we all had fun, despite the food debacle!

Red Dragon Roll (top) - WAY awesome!  Spicy Rainbow Roll (bottom)
Highlander Roll
Sunday, Andy and I headed up to Edinburgh, IN to go to the outlet malls.  We definitely snagged some great deals... saving over $300 at Banana Republic alone (or that's what the girl at the check-out said, anyway).  But got myself a cute pair of jeans, some dress pants, and a foxy dress.  Then went to Under Armour and bought some work-out clothes... can never use too much of those!  There were also 2 kitchen stores at the outlets, but I was quite disappointed.  Both places were really "gimicky" and didn't really sell anything substantial.  Kind of a bummer in that aspect, but oh well.

Oh, and I forgot to mention.  Friday, Andy's friend that works for a food distributor in town hooked us up with 13.5 lbs. of fresh Atlantic salmon... for $80!  What a bargain, eh?  We've got salmon for days now!  So definitely don't be surprised if you see a lot more salmon recipes in the near future!

And Saturday, I ran into a slight problem with my car.  The map lights (you know, those lights on the inside of the car by the rear view mirror that let you look at... well... maps.)  They wouldn't turn off.  I pressed them, they didn't turn off.  I turned my car on and off multiple times, they didn't turn off.  I even went as far as banging and screaming at them... still didn't turn off.  My car automatically shuts them off after 15 minutes of the engine being turned off, but that doesn't help me when I'm driving early in the morning and those lights are glaring right in my face (not to mention how stupid I look with those lights on in my car the whole time I'm driving.)  So anyway, I finally had time to take my car down to the Ford dealership this morning, and the lady just went into my car, fiddled around for a minute or two and was like "all fixed."  My mouth just dropped.  Seriously... I felt stupid.  She told me what she did, but honestly, I didn't pay too much attention (I know, I'm horrible).  All I know is that the lights are off and my stress level is now at a reasonable level!  Hehe.

Wow... guess I was a mouthful today.  I've got the day off work, but have to head to class around 4, so I better get a little studying done (I'm actually ahead!!).  Have a great Tuesday guys!

22 comments:

  1. that sushi looks amazing! cant wait to see your salmon recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What delicious looking sushi. I can't believe you lucked out with all that salmon. Sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sushi does look fab! Can you share some that awesome salmon :)

    I would have totally not have paid attention to what the lady at the dealership was doing either. That part made me giggle!

    Good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sushi looks awesome, waiting for other recipes, you guys are cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your car got fixed, I never pay attention once resolved either! Cant wait for salmon recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you two are cute! I'm glad that you say that about yourselves... oh I can't wait to meet my fiance...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, that sushi looks so good. I love sushi. And you guys are sooooooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sushi! I need to make a good vegetarian version :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My map lights wouldn't come on last night and then flickered for a while... weird! And that sushi looks amaaaazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion, that sushi looks fantastical! I'm a slow-paced girl myself..eating out is about the experience as well as the food! Not to be rushed. :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm...I heart sushi! Looks yummy! Your so stinking cute! :P Love y'alls pic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are really cute!!!!
    We love sushi; I always take the red dragon. Now will have to go visit the sushi place

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to see ur salmon recipes!!! Sounds like a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great weekend!
    I always do things like that with my car---I really don't want to be bothered with figuring things out, I just want it to work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I want sushi for dinner...not only does it look amazing, but that wasabi would certainly clear my sinuses. I'm sorry about the car stress (I can completely relate!) But I hope that the rest of your week runs smoothly. Hugs, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmm now you have me craving sushi!! Oh and definitely jealous about the salmon hookup!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are indeed a very cute couple, lovely pic.. Have a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love sushi. I used to make it quite often but the shop that sold the ingredients has vanished :( Salmon is one of our favourites, especially wild salmon. It is so much nicer then the farmed salmon. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. you two are cute! I had sushi last night-did not look that good though! I'm pretty boring and only eat veggie sushi!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahhh this looks sooo sooo yummy! My sushi making skills must be lacking b/c I totally don't make fancy schmantsy rolls like this! I totally want to though! yum!

    i'm giggling at the highlander roll -- it makes me think of the movie Taledega Nights ;)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ps: im new! cannot wait to read more! i'm hooked! =)

    ReplyDelete