Friday, October 23, 2009

Links 10-23-09

This week has been great. 6 course birthday dinner on tuesday was amazing. I couldn't ask for a better birthday. And... Andy got me an Immersion Blender which I've been wanting for FOREVER! I can't wait to use it. I'll probably make a soup or something here in the next few days so look out... Anyway, yeah, I said 6 course birthday dinner along with wine pairings. It was as follows:

1st course
Murphy Goode Sauvignon Blanc
Chilled Crab and Shrimp filled Crepe with a Blood Orange Gastrique Garnished with Crushed Macadamia Nuts

Second Course
Freemark Abby Napa Chardonnay
Butternut Squash and Apple Bisque topped with Mascarpone Cream

Intermezzo

Third Course
La Crema Monterey Pinot Noir
Fresh Baby Arugula tossed with Strawberries, Spiced Almonds and Roquefort Cheese Drizzled with a Strawberry Vinaigrette

Fourth Course
Matanzas Creek Bennett Valley Merlot
Roasted Quail served with Pancetta Fried Brussel Sprouts Finished with a Quince and Pomegranate Chutney

Fifth Course
Stonestreet Fifth Ridge
Peppercorn Encrusted Boneless Wagyu Short Rib served with Potato Hash, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Topped with a Béarnaise Sauce

Sixth Course
Cambria Tepusquet Syrah
Chocolate Filled Donut with Blackberry Jam served with Coffee Ice Cream

Yeah, reason #34597 why Varanese is THE best restaurant in Louisville, in my personal opinion.

Anyway, on to the links...

Mike's Amazing Cakes - Ok... this guy has a chicken cake. Not a cake with chickens on it... but an actual chicken, as a cake. Ace of Cakes has nothing on this guy...

Chocolate Chip Cookies - How do you like your cookies? Thin and crispy? Light and fluffy? This page has the perfect cookie for you because all the types are listed on one convenient page!

Chicken Parmesan
- Very great pictures and how-to on how to make an italian classic

Upside Down Apple Pie
- This seriously has to be the best looking apple pie ever. I love this blog.

Falafels
- I heart Falafels. These look delicious.

Alright well that wraps it up. I'm off all weekend, so it's going to be spent studying. Yay... and still waiting to hear back from my pharmacy school applications, although for some reason they didn't receive some things so I had to send them again... keeping the fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment