Yes, it's true. I'm not humble in my opinion of myself. Most people that know me personally, can vouch for that. But really, today, I feel real awesome.
Why? Well, turns out, we got our Spanish tests back today and there were only 2 A's in the class, with the average being a C. Guess who was one of those A's? Yup... this girl. And the other A? Well... that was my sister. And I got a higher score than her (yes, I like to rub it in), so guess what that means. Yup. I got the highest grade. Go. Me.
Okay, enough of my gloating.
Just thought I'd mention a few wedding-related things:
- We got the date we wanted! We'll officially be married on April 28, 2012 @ the Green Building!
- We're doing a semi-DIY approach at decorating and stuff.
- I'm purchasing a few sets of paper lanters (in black, pewter (these are the colors of my bridesmaids dresses), and white - I'm not a very colorful person, so I figured this color scheme was fitting).
- I'm also going to purchase a few sets of "natural branches" and I'm going to enlist my friends and I to make origami cherry blossoms to kind of make a backdrop-of-sorts (there's a vision in my head that I have trouble explaining, but I'm sure it'll work out)
- Speaking of my bridesmaids dresses, while I have a color (pewter - kind of a grayish silver), I'm letting them all pick their own style of dress... each girl is different in her own way, so I mean, let them express themselves! And plus, this gives them an opportunity to buy a dress they'll actually like and want to wear again.
- I have to keep stressing this out to my mother (we're already clashing heads!)... but I don't want a "cookie-cutter" wedding! I'm not a "cookie-cutter" kind of gal so why should we not express our individuality in one of the most important days of our lives!
Okay... so yeah. I've definitely got the wedding planning bug. Anybody want to tell me any cool DIY ideas? I'm open to suggestions or tips!!